George A. Romero’s Subversive Vampire Classic, ‘Martin’ is Coming to 4K UHD
George A. Romero’s Night of the Living Dead was an incredible film that has echoed its classic nature throughout the years. Of course, Romero also managed to create an entire subgenre and the zombie as we know it. Romero’s lesser-known vampire film, Martin was an incredible exploration of obsession. Over the years Martin has become a little more accepted in the public’s eye, but initially, it was a dud with no buzz around it. Luckily, folks have come around and the film is finally receiving the response it deserves.
Second Sight Films is set to release the film on glorious 4K UHD in the early part of the new year. If you haven’t watched it yet, now is your chance!
The special features for Martin breakdown goes like this:
- A Second Sight Films 4K scan and restoration of a 35mm dupe negative supervised and approved by Director of Photography Michael Gornick
- 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs both including bonus features
- UHD presented in HDR10+
- Audio commentary by George A Romero, John Amplas and Tom Savini
- Audio commentary by George A Romero, Richard P Rubinstein, Tom Savini, Michael Gornick and Donald Rubinstein
- A new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
- A new audio commentary by Kat Ellinger
- Taste the Blood of Martin: A new feature-length documentary including location tour
- Scoring the Shadows: A new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein
- J Roy – New And Used Furniture: a short film by Tony Buba
- Making Martin: A Recounting
- Trailers, TV and radio spots
The synopsis for Martin follows:
A troubled young man, who believes himself to be a vampire, goes to live with his elderly and religious cousin in a small Pennsylvania town where he tries to redeem his blood-craving urges after he falls for a lonely housewife, all the while his hostile cousin becomes convinced that the young man is actually Nosferatu.
Head over to Second Sight Films to place your pre-order RIGHT HERE. Martin is set to release February 27, 2023.